From Charlotte Street

We live on Charlotte Street. We live in the city. We love our neighborhood. We love our boys. Our house is usually a wild mess; full of wrestling children and flying footballs. We are so far from perfect and so thankful that we don't have to be because we serve a God was and is perfect for us.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Welcome to the World Mabeline Joy

The Story of meeting our daughter...

I woke up sick for the third day in a row on a Wednesday morning. Not just a little sick, the I can't get out of bed I'm so miserable sick. This wasn't just any Wednesday though....it was Wednesday, April 30th the day we had set to have a scheduled induction. Judge away...no shame in my game. I've been pregnant 30 months out of the last four years. My body was done, exhausted, and tired. We felt like this was a good choice for our family with a move only three weeks away and two other children. I knew down deep that I was way too sick and way to weak to go through with the induction, but I also knew that the sooner we had the baby the more time I had to recover before having to pack our entire house and move our whole family. So I took some medicine, told the doctor I was fine, and went to the hospital.
We planned on trying to go as long as possible without an epidural and then be open to one if wanted or needed. The induction was slow to start because I wanted to have my water broken first to see if labor started on it's own after that. I can't remember exactly but sometime around 1:15 the doctor broke my water. I labored hard for as long as my body could handle it. It was hard and painful, but a really beautiful time of Matt and I working together to get through each contraction. I was so sick that week and after falling over during a contraction with Matt having to catch me, we decided that I needed an epidural. I was way to weak to continue to labor without an epidural. I was very sure of the decision. After the epidural, I was able to let my body rest. My body was exhausted.


I was able to lay down and just relax. I couldn't sleep but I did rest. I sat and chatted with my sister, my mom, my friend Lindsey (who was our nurse), and our photographer, who also happens to be one of my dearest friends. It was good for my soul to just sit and talk with them about my little girl who was on the way, talk about her crazy big brothers, and random things like good restaurants. I was pretty hungry by this point! Those popsicle don't really fill you up! ;)


We waited a long time for my body to dilate and be ready to push. The boys were in the waiting room for hours! They only destroyed a few things…

We figured with this being my third baby that things would move quick, unfortunately they were pretty slow for a third baby. Finally, around 9pm it was time to push. Pushing is the easy part for me. Two pushes and there she was...our beautiful baby girl, Mabeline Joy. She was precious and perfect and wonderful. I was so overwhelmed with emotion to see my daughter. To be honest, I always thought I would be a boy mom, I love boys. Bring on the wild and crazy. But heart melted to see my little girl. I get excited (and sometimes terrified) thinking about what a joy it will be to watch her grow up. I pray she grows to be a strong, gentle, kind, Godly woman, who loves Jesus above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment